Date prepared: May 7, 2008
Changning Liu, Ph.D., Assistant Investigator
Bioinformatics Research Group,
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Phone: 86-10-62600566 (O), ************** (M)
Place of Birth: Hunan, China
Nationality: People's Republic of China
Marital status: Married
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Ph.D. 2002 - 2007 Bioinformatics, Institute of Computing Technology, CAS. Advisors: Guojie Li and Runsheng Chen
B.S. 1996 - 2000 Molecular and Cell Biology, Wuhan University. Advisor: Shijian Huang
Software Engineer Certificate (1998) Approved & issued by Ministry of Information Industry, P.R.China.
POSITIONS AND EXPERIENCES
2007 - present Assistant Investigator, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2002 - 2007 Graduate Research Assistant, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2006.7 - 2007.1 Visiting Student, Dept of Biostats and Comp Bio, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health
2008 Lu Jiaxi Young Scientist Award of CAS (K.C. Wong Education Foundation, HK)
2008 Member of the Best Research Team of ICT
2007 Enlisted Young Scientist for the ICT Hundred Talent Program
2007 Excellent Award of the CAS President's Scholarship
2007 Three Good Student of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2006 Special Award of the ICT Director's Scholarship
2006 Three Good Student Model of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2006 Three Good Student of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2003 Outstanding Graduate Scholarship of Graduate School of CAS
1999 Mathematics & Biology New Star Scholarship of Wuhan University
1997 Renmin Scholarship of Wuhan University
1996 Renmin Scholarship of Wuhan University
The function and evolution of noncoding RNA (especially microRNA);
Noncoding RNA regulation network construction and analysis;
Protein-Protein Interaction network (PPI) and transcriptional regulation network (TRN) analysis (integrated with microarray data);
01) MicroRNA-encoding long non-coding RNAs, BMC Genomics, 2008. ( co-first author )
02) MicroRNA regulation of messenger-like non-coding RNAs -- a network of mutual microRNA control, Trends in Genetics, 2008. ( co-first author )
03) Deriving the Probabilities of Water Loss and Ammonia Loss for Amino Acids from Tandem Mass Spectra, Journal of Proteome Research, 2008.
04) NONCODE v2.0: decoding the non-coding, Nucleic Acids Research, 2008. ( co-first author )
05) antiCODE: a natural sense-antisense transcripts database, BMC Bioinformatics, 2007.
06) Dynamic Changes in Subgraph Preference Profiles of Crucial Transcription Factors, PLoS Computational Biology, 2006. ( co-first author )
07) The DNA sequence, annotation and analysis of human chromosome 3, Nature, 2006.
08) NPInter: the Noncoding RNAs and Protein related bio- macromolecules Interaction database, Nucleic Acids Research, 2006.
09) Integrated analysis of multiple data sources reveals modular structure of biological networks, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2006.
10) HPtaa database - potential target genes for clinical diagnosis and immunotherapy of human carcinoma, Nucleic Acids Research, 2006.
11) Identifying Hfq-binding small RNA targets in Escherichia coli, Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2006.
12) Organization of the Caenorhabditis elegans small non-coding transcriptome: Genomic features, biogenesis, and expression, Genome Research, 2006.
13) NONCODE: an integrated knowledge database of non-coding RNAs, Nucleic Acids Research, 2005. ( First author )
Hobbies: Soccer, Traveling, Cartoon, Taste all kinds of delicious food (except chicken).
Skype Account: changning.liu